Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. Since the year is wrapping up I wanted to share with you my 5 favorite beauty buys of 2014.
1. The Beauty Blender: Must I say more?! haha! I know I have only had this for a little over a month…but let me tell you…its the best thing on earth! If you want your foundation or bb cream to look flawless…you need this in your life! It can be purchased here!
2. Dior Rosy Glow Petal: This is truly one of the nicest pink blushes I have ver used!
3. T3 Featherweight Dryer(Barbie Edition): I purchased this in early January and have loved it ever since. This dryer makes drying your hair fast and easy and fun…if you can believe that. I also use this to blow dry our dog’s hair too. I purchased this through Nordstrom but since this was a special edition…it is a bit hard to come by. I found it on Amazon and can be purchased here.
4. Glamglow: Wow! I have never been into masks but this is one that you can truly see a difference with. I absolutely love using this once a week to help keep my skin clear and smooth. Even if you are not huge into masks…I highly suggest you try this one. It can be purchased here.
5. Tom Ford Lip Color in Nude Vanille: I think this truly is the best lipstick out there! I know its totally expensive and over the top…but the packaging and product make this worth the money. I love this consistency and the long lasting color! If you can only have one lipstick…this should be it. It can be purchased here!
What are your 5 most favorite beauty buys of 2014?
I am honestly a no fuss make up kinda gal. I like my face to look as fresh and dewy yet simple as possible. However for special occasions or a night out, I like to go that extra mile. Pictured above is a look at my go to favorites for a summertime/nighttime make up look. Starting from left to right…Z Palatte in Zebra with a few of my most used Mac Shadows and Mac Blush…Nars Lipgloss in Turkish Delight…Cle de Peau Concealer in Ivory…YSL Teint Resist Long Wear Endless Foundation in No. 2…Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler…Dior Poudre Shimmer in Diamante Rose No. 001…La Mer Moisturizing Lotion…Mac Paint Pot in Painterly…Tom Ford Lipstick in Nude Vanille No. 12…Dior Dior Show Mascara in Black…Anastasia Brow Wiz…Milani Eye Tech Extreme in Blackest Black No. 01…Mac Lip Pencil in Boldly Bare…Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour in 495 Mica Rose (beautiful wedding color)…and finally my Anastasia Brow Powder Duo. I love these products and they make for a beautiful look.
What are your favorite summertime/nighttime make up products?
Recently my Mom and I took a trip down to Nordstrom (TROUBLE!). We were strolling through the store and stopped in the sunglass department. We had a bit of fun trying on some outrageous styles and trendy glasses. It made me think…every girl truly needs a lux pair of shades. I adore sunglasses and have collected different styles over the past 10 years or so. Some of my favorite sunglasses are from Chanel and Tom Ford, however, I love Ray Bans as well (especially the price)! Although we did not pick up any new glasses this trip, I figured I would share with you my go to shades this year. Pictured on the top row are my classic black and white pair from Chanel (Style 5171 – Retail $400.00). Pictured below are also by Chanel and are bit on the trendier side (Style 5182 – Retail $325.00).
What are your favorite sunglasses?
In the spirit of showing you what was in my work bag and everyday bag I thought why not share what’s in my makeup bag. I keep a small makeup bag on my counter of all the products I’m currently using and loving. Then whenever I get bored with a product I go and “shop my stash”. The makeup bag I’ve been using for years is by Prada and is from their nylon collection. This makeup bag is super high quality and can even be thrown in the wash for a quick cleanup. Without further ado…here is what’s in my makeup bag…
BB Cream by Lioele
Concealer by Clea de Peau
Anastasia Brow Powder Duo and Brow Wiz
Mata Hari Blush by Nars
Diorshow Mascara by Dior
Creme De Rose by Dior
Turkish Delight Lipgloss by Nars
No. 7 Lipgloss by YSL
Nude Vanille Lipstick by Tom Ford
Betsey Johnson Tweezers by Tweezerman
Let me start off by saying I am not a huge fan and never have been of lip products, but when I came across another bloggers review of this lipstick I knew I had to try it. I picked it up at my local Nordstrom and I will warn you now they don’t come cheap. At $49 a pop these are an investment item and hands-down the best lipsticks I’ve ever tried. The formula is smooth and creamy and best of all long-lasting. The color I picked up was nude vanille and I would describe it as a mauve/nude pink. I also found that putting a bit of Nars turkish delight lipgloss on top adds the perfect touch for a perfect spring and summer lip…