This year for me has been a great year for fashion buys! Here are my top 5 favorite fashion buys of 2014!
1. Sabahs: For sure this has been my all time favorite buys. I love my Sabahs and really can’t imagine living without them. I will for sure be adding to my collection in 2015. You can purchase Sabahs here.
2. Sam Edelman James Booties: I know…I know…another pair of shoes. I however am in love with these booties. I own both the black and brown and they go and look great with everything. You can purchase these booties here.
3. Chanel WOC: I won’t go in to too much detail other than this will go down in history as one of my all time favorite bags. These can be purchased at your local Chanel Boutique.
4. Marine Layer Scarves: Hands down one of the softest and most comfortable scarves you will own. I am so sensitive to many different materials…especially those right around my neck and these I can leave on all day long. These scarves can be purchased here.
5. Wildfox Baggy Beach Jumpers: Love love love. I absolutely love these jumpers. They are soft, comfortable, and cozy. They are also great for travel. These jumpers can be purchased here.
What are your favorite fashion buys of 2014?
Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas. Since the year is wrapping up I wanted to share with you my 5 favorite beauty buys of 2014.
1. The Beauty Blender: Must I say more?! haha! I know I have only had this for a little over a month…but let me tell you…its the best thing on earth! If you want your foundation or bb cream to look flawless…you need this in your life! It can be purchased here!
2. Dior Rosy Glow Petal: This is truly one of the nicest pink blushes I have ver used!
3. T3 Featherweight Dryer (Barbie Edition): I purchased this in early January and have loved it ever since. This dryer makes drying your hair fast and easy and fun…if you can believe that. I also use this to blow dry our dog’s hair too. I purchased this through Nordstrom but since this was a special edition…it is a bit hard to come by. I found it on Amazon and can be purchased here.
4. Glamglow: Wow! I have never been into masks but this is one that you can truly see a difference with. I absolutely love using this once a week to help keep my skin clear and smooth. Even if you are not huge into masks…I highly suggest you try this one. It can be purchased here.
5. Tom Ford Lip Color in Nude Vanille: I think this truly is the best lipstick out there! I know its totally expensive and over the top…but the packaging and product make this worth the money. I love this consistency and the long lasting color! If you can only have one lipstick…this should be it. It can be purchased here!
What are your 5 most favorite beauty buys of 2014?
Welcome back! This week we are off to Valencia Spain! Enjoy!
“Valencia is a beautiful city on the Mediterranean Coast not far from Barcelona. It is known for The City of Arts and Sciences and it’s Oceanographic Center. The architecture is fabulous! We visited the huge maritime center which focuses on the many different climatic zones around the world. It is the center home to over 45,000 samples of 500 distinct specimens of aquatic life. It is an indoor and outdoor experience not to be missed. It is also home to the Lladro’s City of Porcelain. Be aware that the prices are higher there than they are in the USA.
Have you ever been to Valencia?”
I can’t believe Christmas is only a few days away. I am really looking forward to spending quality time with my family and enjoying some days off. I normally have a few books lined up…so I am not without…but I have found myself bookless. I can’t believe it! I am hoping you can help me and suggest some great reads while I have some time off. If there is a book you have been loving…please let me know!
It’s that time of year…new year’s resolution time. I think back to this time last year and knew some major decisions needed to be made. I am proud to say I have accomplished all that I set out to do this year and more. This next year for me will be continuing to grow and expand my blog. This has been a passion for me that I have truly enjoyed sharing with you all. I thank you all for being loyal followers and can’t wait to see what is in store for next year.
What is your New Year’s Resolution?
This bag may go down in history as one of my all time favorite bags. I purchased this…a bit hesitant about how truly versatile it would be…but it is slowly becoming my most used bag of all time. I can fit all my necessary everyday items in it…my card case…my cell phone…and my car key! Its the perfect throw over your shoulder bag that can be dressed up or dressed down. I purchased mine in the black caviar leather with gold hardware. I was a bit concerned I wouldn’t get my moneys worth…but I have proved myself wrong. This bag definitely has my heart and hope to purchase another one in the future.
What is your go to bag?
Picture Courtesy of Sephora
I am so late to the game on this it’s literally laughable. I have been wanting to try this for years but never really thought that a “sponge” was worth $25. A few weeks ago I made it into Sephora to pick up a few much-needed products. As I was standing in line I saw the beauty blender near the check out. I thought I am going to live it up a bit and finally give it a go. WOW! I am so glad I did. This is literally better than any brush I have ever used. It gives a dewy airbrushed look to the skin. I have never seen another product do that. I am completely sold and will not use anything else ever again. Yes $25 is a bit much…but brushes are even more. Don’t by shy…give this product a try. Trust me…you won’t regret it! Right now Sephora is offering a small travel size of the solid cleaner for the Beauty Blender for $25 and can be purchased here.
Have you tried the Beauty Blender?
Welcome back for another travel post from my mom Margie Dingfelder. This week we are off to Barcelona! Enjoy!
“My husband and I recently took a trip to Europe which started in Barcelona, Spain and ended in Lisbon, Portugal. I will share with you a weekly accounting go the places we loved the most. This week’s will be Barcelona. There are a couple of things that stand out in my mind when I think of Barcelona. A trip to Barcelona would not be complete without a trip to Antoni Gaudi’s unfinished masterpiece of La Sagrada Familia Cathedral. They require tickets ahead of time. Don’t just be content to see the outside of Sagrada Familia, get tickets to the inside and the towers also online before you go. Gaudi also designed Park Guell. It is composed of gardens and fascinating architecture filled with pavilions and colorful mosaics. Both of these are World Heritage Sites. The main street or promenade for a stroll and shopping is called Las Ramblas. We stayed at this fabulous hotel called The Palace near all the action. One evening we went to a buffet dinner and Flamenco Show. The dinner was terrible but you can just go for the show. It’s in an adjoining small show room and was terrific. We used Barcelona Day Tours. They were great!
Have you been to Barcelona?”
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Mine was very low key and I was able to accomplish some holiday shopping which was great! Now lets get started!
Photo Courtesy of Amazon
I love filling my office/blogging space with fashion and beauty books. I not only love reading them but also use them as decor. My newest addition is The Fashion Book Mini. I love love love this book. I have been eyeing the full size version for some time but couldn’t bring myself to spend that kind of money on a “coffee table” book. Maybe one day…but for the time being the mini version is perfect. It is a collection of all designers from around the world including a little biography on them along with a few photographs of their work! I included this in my gift giving guide but definitely thought it deserved its own post. I purchased mine from Amazon here…but I am sure any book store would have both it.
Do you have a favorite fashion book?